Saturday, January 10, 2009

We're Still Here!

I realize its been several days since I last posted anything. I am trying to post daily, but this week has been adjustment. Alice went back to preschool and I started a workout schedule at the gym. I did YPUMP on MON, WED, and FRI and each day either rode a bike or ran . I am pretty sore today, so much so that I had a difficult time bending down to take Alice's snow boots off this morning. I started back to work on Wed. and Thurs. and didn't get anything else done on those two days.

We also started William's music class this week. I love Music Together. Alice took it for 2 1/2 years and enjoyed it very much. Luckily the section we are taking is the one that Alice missed so at least there is new music. She did not want to go to school when I told her that we were going to music while she was at school. I convinced her that it is for babies and that school is for grown up girls. It seemed to do the trick. William also loved the class. He was right at home. He crawled over to the teacher and started dancing in front of her and crawled over to other kids and tried to take their instruments.

I ordered my dress for the inaugural on Thursday. Ok, I guess I did get a few things done, just not blogging! I love it! The best part about it is that it was on major sale! Here it is...

I pray that it fits. I don't really have time to send it back and or for alterations. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Both kids have colds and I'm getting one too. I couldn't sleep last night because I had a tickle in my throat that was not helped by a cough drop. William coughing also did not help my sleep.

Last night Alice and I made pretzel snowmen. It was messy, but fun.
We used pretzel rods, mini chocolate chips, mini m&ms, white chocolate, and red string licorice.

First we melted the chocolate in our handy dandy chocolate pot and then dipped the pretzels in. Alice used the m&m's, chocolate chips, and licorice to decorate.



As always, the best part...

Here is Alice's breakfast this morning. Ah, a breakfast of champions. Not quite, but she enjoyed it.

This morning we made a snowman craft. I cut circles in a variety of sizes from kitchen sponges which Alice dipped into paint to make the body of her snowman. We only made one today, but with all of the different circle sizes, we could make a whole snowman family.


She then dipped her fingers in white paint to make snow around the snowman.

After the paint dried, she glued the eyes, mouth (pipe cleaner), nose (also a pipe cleaner), and buttons (mini pom poms). And here is the finished product. If you look closely you can see the snow outside. Yep, we got somewhere between 6 and 8 inches last night!

This is the snoman game I made for work. Alice also loves to play it and we have played it quite a few times today. I got the idea on My Montessori Journey. Each person gets a snowman. You take turns rolling the picture cube and add the accessory that roll. The first one to complete their snowman wins!

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to take William's temperature and hope that it has gone down!

No comments: