Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Spontaneous Fun and Camping Too!

We decided to take the kids on their first real camping trip last weekend. Fun was had, however more fun will be possible when Will is another year older. We went with Dallas and Laura and their boys who are 3 1/2 and 16 months. I don't think we quite understood how big of and undertaking it would be to get ready to go. There were tents, sleeping bags, and countless other necessities to buy prior to going. Then there was the packing. I was very proud of my packing idea. I found a large rubbermaid tub to put everything small in (e.g. flashlights, paper towels, matches, tablecloth). When I went to look in the basement to find such container, there were mouse dropping in it, which led me to wash the tub out in the back yard. (We had a little mouse issue during the winter which has since been taken care of. It was tough to explain to Alice how we got rid of them. Of course I hate to talk about it too..) Anyway, this is what happened when I filled the tub with soap...






For our first trip we decided to take them to a camp ground which had a bath house, playground, etc. It will be a while before we are able to hike to a site, mainly because of all the gear. We took Will's pack-and-play, which weighs a ton on its own.















There was quite a bit of monitoring involved when taking 2 one year-olds on a camping trip (fire, road), and the temperature got down to the 50's at night, but overall it was a good first trip!

No comments: