Friday, July 2, 2010

A Very Busy Week

Last week was a super busy week. I was in charge of the preschool portion of VBS. We had three preschool rooms and a nursery with toddlers. It was a huge success and everyone really enjoyed it, but it took us awhile to recover.
Of course we still had the afternoons free and found plenty of ways to fill them.
There were ice cream cones and friends...


There was a new slip-n-slide...
I found one for $3. That's about as much as you should pay for one since they usually rip after one or two uses.
My kids were super cautious. Can't imagine where they got that from!


Their buddies were not so cautious. At one point I found myself saying, "We do not do somersaults on the slip-n-slide." It's just one of those things you'd never think you'd hear yourself say!


At the end of the week the VBS kids put on a show for the parents. It was kind of a nice occasion, so I suggested that Will wear a nice shirt and a nice pair of shorts. He did not appreciate my suggestion and threw quite a fit. After quite a long period of negotiation, we decided he would just wear a nice shirt and that he would wear his t-shirt under it. He wore it in the car and into the church and then insisted that I take it off.




After a long week, we decided to relax at the lake with Dallas and Laura and their boys. We found the perfect spot with shallow water that went on forever.





Will fell asleep before we left the park. Alice would have too if Brad hadn't promised ice cream on the way home!

It was a great way to end a VERY BUSY WEEK...

No comments: