Sunday, July 4, 2010

Berry Fun

Oh how the kids LOVE fruit, so we took a trip to a fairly local berry farm. I love this particular farm because they don't use pesticides so you can eat the fruit right off the vines. As you'll see from the pictures, Will took full advantage of this!
The raspberries were a little tricky to pick because of the thorny bushes that grew around the them. I was surprised that Will lasted as long as he did in the raspberry patch. In each area, the story was always the same... We would get to the end of the row and Alice would have a full bucket of fruit. Will would have none. Each time he seemed surprised and said, "I don't have any fwuit". Luckily Alice was in a generous mood that day and shared her fruit with him. I have to savor these moments, because as it goes with siblings, this is not always the case!





The cherries were also a little tricky. Most of the cherries were pretty high up and difficult to reach. Alice made it a game to find low branches and to pull them down so that Will could reach them. Again, I was very proud.





The blueberries were the easiest to pick, but by the time we got there, the kids were exhausted. Will still had enough energy to eat several free quarts!




And when we got home, I made my first cherry pie. It was delicious, if I do say so myself.

The kids thought so too..

No comments: