Monday, July 7, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

I'm a little late with the blog this week. We were busy celebratin' the fourth. Last weekend we took the kids to the Cubbies Game. It was Will's first time. It was also his first time wearing blue jeans-nevermind they were girl jeans (they used to belong to Alice!). Brad put him in his own seat. He looked so big sitting there by himself. Again this week, Will's big news is that he got another tooth. It's a big one and it has made him a little cranky. He also has a cold so that could also be a contributing factor. We think he started waving this week. Most of the time he will wave back to you if you wave to him first. We still have to change his clothes about three times a day because he constantly spits up. We tried to give him cherrios, but all three times he started gagging and threw up. I think he has a hypersensitive gag reflex. I did give him a biter biscuit today, which he liked. I had forgotten how gross they get. He had it all over his shirt and my shirt. He also likes almost all fruit in the bag feeder. It's a bag you can put food in. He can suck on it and get all the flavor without all the little pieces going in his mouth.

Alice loved the ballgame. She got to wear her Cubbies hat, sing "Take me out to the ballgame" and "Go Cubs Go", so she was definately in her element. On the Fourth, she marched in a parade with all of the Obama supporters. She was so excited. Brad pulled her in the wagon and she threw candy to the kids. There was a donkey that marched with them which was a big hit. Alice's big thing this week was making up stories. She gives you the topic and then you are supposed to immediately come up with a story. If it isn't long enough, she'll let you know! I think I made up about 25 stories about throwing up. Evenually I had nothing left to say about throwing up. She was a little disappointed. She is beginning to make up her own stories that actually have a plot with a beginning, middle, and end. Alice is "on" from the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed. It can be exhausting, but lots of fun. She has also been into playing doctor. We take turns being the doctor and the patient. I think she could play doctor all day. Come to think of it, I think we have.

Alice's quote of the week: To a group of Obama supporters talking about being hungry: "I'm not hungry, I just ate all my boogies!" Alice story of the week: Brad and Alice were cleaning out the cars in the driveway. While he was working, she was playing with her doll. When he turned around, she was sitting on the curb "breastfeeding" her baby as all the cars went by.

Brad is busy settling into the Obama campaign. He just found out that Bruce is having a concert in Kansas City in August. He is trying to figure out if he'll have time to go. I hope he can.

Nothing new on the Lisa front this week.

Scroll to the bottom for pictures.

No comments: