Friday, December 19, 2008

Peppermint Sugar Scrub and Pinecone Trees

Just a short post today...I've been at doctors' offices all day. Will has a cold and was up all night coughing and I have strep throat (we think- the test isn't back yet).
These are the peppermint sugar foot scrub goodies I made for my book club friends. I go the idea from Deanna. It was so easy and quick to make.

Recipe:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
dash of peppermint essence oil (found at health food stores)

Mix together. Store in an airtight container.





Alice finished up her coloring contest picture this morning. She really worked hard on it. This is how she arranged her crayons before she started working. I have know idea where she gets these things from, HA HA!



Brad makes me laugh. Last night he was getting ready to wrap presents and wanted to know where the tape and scissors were. We were almost out of tape and I had to search for the scissors. We've been doing a lot of crafing and these things happen. Brad, in typical fashion, went out and bought 3 pairs of scissors and 4 packages of tape this morning. The same thing happened a while back with soap. I probably won't have to buy soap until sometime next winter.

This is the project we worked on this morning. Most people would have gone out in their backyard to get pinecones, but our backyard is covered in snow and has been for some time, so I bought these. They have a cinnamon smell that is delightful. Alice got a little carried away with the glitter, but had fun doing this one. She decided to display them in the window.




I'm off to find my Cloret's Throat Spray. Thank goodness for that stuff!

No comments: