Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gift Mart, Christmas Party, Etc.

I'm finally catching up. It's been a busy couple of days.

I have finished most of my major projects. I thought Brad was going to kill me. As usual I took on a little too much! I think it would have been ok if I had spaced it out a little better. Anyway Brad, thanks for be such a supportive husband.

Sunday was the Alternative Gift Mart at church. I was responsible for decorating the tables. I went with a silver and gold theme. I was happy with the way it turned out, but wasn't really sure that it would look ok until it was all up. Here are some pictures of the final product.









On Sunday I went to another cookie swap. I decided to take the easy route this time. I made these yummy pretzel treats. Here is the link:
This is 8 dozen yummy pretzel treats...


On Saturday I picked up our new Santa. It looks huge on our front door, but I really love it and so do the kids. I have loved all the door decorations Mia has made for us. Next up is a giant snowman.


Brad put up the lights on the outside tree. That tree was tiny when we moved in-time flies! I'll have to take a picture of it at night.





Alice made a simple, but very cute reindeer ornament for the tree.





Here is our tree so far. We still have several ornaments left to make. It's kinda fun to make it a work in progress!



I meet with Chris and got the Christmas card done. Who knows when I'll finally send it out.

Yesterday, I put on a party for a group of kids our church helps. It was very fun to plan, but kinda of a big undertaking. We served dinner and played Christmas games, and at the end Santa came. The kids were so excited. Some so much so that they were frozen like a deer in headlights! There were five stations-cookie decorating, tattoos, throw the snowball(tissue paper ball) through the wreaths, decorate a Christmas tree blindfolded, and Santa Limbo (dress in an oversized shirt stuffed with a pillow while attemping to do the limbo). I think Santa looked great. I didn't take pictures of the kids for privacy reasons, but here are the stations and Santa!











Last, but certainly not least, here is Alice in her Santa sweater...

No comments: